February 11, 2013

Strange Ad

Not too long ago I was on this very site making sure everything was up to snuff. During my inspection of the site I noticed the ad that was displaying at the top of the page. Normally that would be great news for the advertiser, but not today.



As you can see in the screenshot above there are no words in this ad at all. That may work if you have striking imagery that needs no words to convey it's message, but this appears to be a bunch of dudes hanging out around CNC machines making what may be car parts. Who would make such a thing?

I should also mention that this ad was not a video or a .gif. It was a static picture.

Since every word written on this site is pure awesome I find that many times the ads displayed for me are really interesting, but I can't click them. Google gets upset when you click your own ads and will not hesitate to knock your dick in the dirt for it. The usual remedy for that is reading what the ad says it's for and going to Google. I can't do that this time.

So in summary here is an ad that was displayed on AntiMachine.NET, my site, and I have no clue about what it is trying to sell me, tell me, or anything else. I would have clicked on it just to see what it was which in a weird way makes it really effective, but not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment