April 17, 2012

Cold Snap Cover Manu Chao's 'Bongo Bong'

Before MTV started to take a dump on their '24 hour music channels' I had three channels of MTV which played all music. Between MTV2 and MTV X there was a channel called MTV S which was basically music en EspaƱol. As I flipped back and forth between MTV 2 and MTV X some artists would catch my ear like Plastilina Mosh, A.N.I.M.A.L., Molotov, and Manu Chao.

The one Manu Chao song that I would see over and over was 'Bongo Bong' which has a pretty interesting video and simple toe tapping music. You know what? I'll just put it here:



So I was going down the blog roll of Metal Sucks and came upon a neglected blog called Reign In Blonde which had posted about a cover of 'Bongo Bong' by Cold Snap. While I didn't think it could have stacked up to the original I gave it a shot and was blown away.



That's a great cover and it let me do a little reminiscing about when MTV played music videos all day -- for the second time.

No comments:

Post a Comment